Thousands of people in Bangladesh live in the dirty unhygienic slums in the city area.
People who live in slums are known as slum dwellers. Poor homeless people make slums in towns and cities for their existence.
Slums are mostly found in big cities like Dhaka and Chittagong.
Poor people from different corners of the country gather in cities for their living. Since they have no place to live in and they are unable to pay the high rent of house, they make a slum in any open place and start living there.
They build their houses with polythene and bamboo slates. Their floor remains dump and there is not enough ventilation. They live in an unhealthy condition.
They earn their living by physical labor or any small business. Women of these families work as house maid or wage earners. They are deprived of the basic needs of human being. They cannot send their children to school. They suffer from starvation and diseases. There is no proper sanitation or drainage system in the slums.
Recent reports show that the slums have become a safe place for many criminals. Drugs are easily found there. Many young members of the slums are involved in different crimes. But we cannot blame these poor, deprived and uneducated slum dwellers only.
They are deprived of all sorts of citizen rights. It is the duty of the government or the state authority to ensure them a better life.It is not wise to hate the slum dwellers. Rather we all should work together to create a self reliant Bangladesh so that no more slum is created.
- Peoples or Institutions Making History.
- 7th March of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu has played a vast role to gain the independence in 1971?
- Suppose, your friend Ruma has sent you a nice present on your birthday. Now write a letter of thanks to your friend
- Part-B (Grammar): Transformation Identify Subject, Object, Appositive, Conditional Sentence, Modifier, Punctuation
- Write about the importance of peace in our social life?
- অষ্টম শ্রেণির বাংলাদেশ ও বিশ্বপরিচয় বইয়ের একাদশ অধ্যায়ে ‘পাংখোয়া’
- ২১শে মার্চ তিনি ঢাকায় আসেন এবং ২২শে মার্চ ইয়াহিয়া ও বঙ্গবন্ধুর সঙ্গে আলোচনায় বসেন। তাঁদের আলোচনা কতক্ষণ স্থায়ী হয়?
- বাচ্চা নষ্ট করার সহজ পদ্ধতি
- অষ্টম শ্রেণির বাংলাদেশ ও বিশ্বপরিচয় বইয়ের অষ্টম অধ্যায়ে ‘খই’
- পরপর কয়েক দিন কয়েক দফায় এই আলোচনা চললেও শেষ পর্যন্ত তা ব্যর্থ হয়। প্রথম দফায় আলোচনা শুরু হয় কবে?