Class Eight, Subject: English 4th Assignment
Serial: 3rd Assigned Task
Unit and Title of the Lesson:
English Grammar and Composition, Class- 8 Unit-7:
Assigned Tasks/ Assignment:
Exercise on page no. 143:
Changing assertive sentences into interrogative Suppose you visited a place last year. Describe that place answering the following questions:
1) Where did you visit?
2) Why did you go there?
3) How did you go there?
4) Who accompanied you?
5) Did you like the place? Why/Why not?
The teacher will check the grammar exercises and write comments and assess the paragraph from different aspects such as grammar, ideas, organization of ideas, communication, punctuation, and spelling.
Changing assertive sentences into interrogative
- It was a great sight.
Ans: Wasn’t it a great sight?
- No one can tolerate this.
Ans: Who can tolerate this?
- Nobody salutes the setting sun.
Ans: Who salutes the setting sun?
- Gulliver could hear his watch ticking in his pocket.
Ans: Couldn’t Gulliver hear his watch ticking in his pocket?
- It is useless to cry over spilt milk.
Ans: Isn’t it useless to cry over spilt milk?
- The beauty of nature beyond description.
Ans: Doesn’t the beauty of nature beyond description?
- Everybody has heard of Darwin.
Ans: Who hasn’t heard of Darwin?
- He has his dinner at seven every evening.
Ans: Hasn’t he has his dinner at seven evenings?
- I told him to practise regularly.
Ans: Didn’t I tell him to practise regularly?
- Virtue has its own reward.
Ans: Hasn’t virtue its own reward?
Paragraph: My Visit to a Historical Place
Historical place means a place which bears the testimony to history. So, visiting a historical place is truly interesting and exciting.
Last summer I had a wonderful time in Delhi. I visited there by train. I stayed there at my uncle’s house with my parents. Delhi is a place of historical interest.
I saw there the Red Fort, the Moti Masjid and the Qutub Minar. I also visited the parliament house, Santiban, the Rajghat and the Bijoyghat.
One day we went to Agra to visit the Tajmahal, one of the wonders of the world. Many tourists come to see this beautiful structure from different parts of the world.
It was built by Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz on the bank of the river Jamuna. The Taj has an area of about 1003 acres or 405 hectares.
It is made up of white marble. Taj Mahal is the finest example of Mughal architecture. It combines the art of Persia, Turkey and India.
It took 21 years and thousands of artisans and craftsmen to complete the Taj Mahal.
In fact, it looks like a dream in a moon-lit night. The Taj Mahal is considered one of the seven wonders of the world.
I like this place very much. It impressed me so much. The majestic beauty of the Taj will ever remain imprinted in my mind.
- ৮ম শ্রেণি, বিষয়: বিজ্ঞান, ৪র্থ এসাইনমেন্ট উত্তর
- ৪র্থ সপ্তাহের ৯ম শ্রেণির অ্যাসাইনমেন্ট সব উত্তর এক সাথে
- ৯ম শ্রেণি, বাংলাদেশের ইতিহাস ও বিশ্বসভ্যতা, ৪র্থ এসাইনমেন্ট সমাধান
- ৯ম শ্রেণি, বিষয়: রসায়ন, ৪র্থ এসাইনমেন্ট সমাধান
- ৯ম শ্রেণি, বিষয়: ইংরেজি, ৪র্থ এসাইনমেন্ট সমাধান
- ৯ম শ্রেণি ব্যবসায় উদ্যোগ ৪র্থ এসাইনমেন্ট সমাধান
- ৯ম শ্রেণি গণিত ৪র্থ এসাইনমেন্ট সমাধান
- ৩য় সপ্তাহের এ্যাসাইনমেন্টর সমাধান